29 Jun 2015

I'm Back!


Hello my pretties! I'm back to deliver more posts on beauty and baking after a month of absence. The past month has been absolutely hectic with final projects, study, study (and more study), and exams plaguing my every waking moment. I finished my exams last Monday and I think both of them went well (we'll see when the results come in… wish me luck!) and I took the rest of the week to just unwind, clear out my room, and get into holiday mode. I'm on holidays for a month and I have a few posts that I definitely want to do while I have all the time in the world, and I'll tell you more about that in a jiffy. On top of that, I've given myself two side projects to appease the baking bug inside me; working through the 'How Baking Works' book by Paula Figoni which teaches you about the baking process and the ingredients you're working with (something to help my baking skillz) and perfecting the french macaron. 

I have a couple of posts lined up, the first of which is a Daily Face post, showcasing the kind of makeup look I've been wearing. I will also be showing you a few of my hero products, and my skincare routine staples. I will try and post three times a week (Monday, Wednesday, Friday) while I'm on holiday and hopefully I can continue this well into next semester. 

Meanwhile, I've been indulging my TV needs with Mad Men and Heroes on Netflix. I've almost finished Mad Men, I just have the second half of the last season left which is exciting. Mad Men isn't the most exciting show on TV but it's a good show to watch. It's heavy and a little bit depressing, but it's good. It's certainly an 'adult' show. Definitely give it a go if you're looking for a new series to binge watch.

In terms of #unilyf, this semester was tough but fun. I've made some wonderful friends and we've been planning a lot of fun things to do this holidays. When you're studying engineering, you need a good support network because it really takes a toll on your mental and emotional health. Many a breakdowns were had and the amount of times I've wanted to scream at people I've lost count. I managed to find a great bunch of kids (and yes, we really are kids) and I'm really happy about that! I'm thinking of starting a series titled 'Surviving Engineering' where I share my tips for writing notes, preparing for exams, trying to stay sane, etc. It's still an idea in progress, but it's definitely something I'd like to do. 

I'm very excited to be back and working on Tweezers and Tongs, I've certainly missed writing and interacting with all of you. Be sure to stay tuned for my post on Wednesday! 





No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say! I always read your comments and try to respond to them as soon as possible. If you have an urgent question or message, please contact me at tweezersandtongs@gmail.com.