2 May 2015

Winter Ready: Prepping Your Feet for Winter


Autumn/Winter weather seems to have hit Sydney like a storm (literally) these past few weeks and already my body has felt the shock of cooler weather. Over the next few weeks I will be publishing posts that are aimed at prepping yourself for the cooler months ahead, which will surely be beneficial for those of you in the Southern Hemisphere! I'm kicking the series off today with foot care because our  feet are often neglected when we tend to be wearing boots all the time (I know mine are). 

I enjoy pampering myself throughout the year from head to er- ankles. My feet are two body parts that I tend to put off pampering simply because I hate feet. I just do! I try and get pedicures done but I never seem to have the time to go to the shopping centre and sit there for an hour so whenever I'm up for it, I do an at-home pedi. The thing is, whenever I DIY it I always managed to injure myself with the pumice stones (think of it slipping off my feet and scrubbing straight on my other hand - ouch!) so when I was kindly sent the Scholl Velvet Smooth Express Pedi* I was very keen to start taking better care of my feet. 

The way the Express Pedi works is you turn the roller on and you move it along any parts of your feet that need smoothing. Minimal effort required. Aside from the fact that it's electronic, what differs the Express Pedi from regular foot files is that this is meant to be used on dry feet. Now, I'm used to scrubbing the dead skin off my feet while it's damp (wonderful image, I know), after it's been soaking in the tub for about 10 minutes; I find that it makes things a lot easier and is more effective. My experience with the Express Pedi was an unusual but pleasant one. While it buffed away the dry skin and I was left with smoother heels, I did find that it took longer than the recommended 3-4 seconds per area to do so. This is a nifty little tool to have when you're in a rush (hence the express) and you need super smooth feet. 

I followed the filing process with the Body Shop Peppermint Cooling Foot Lotion which is a classic product in my books. It's light, non-greasy, cooling, and it smells amazing. I like to put on fluffy bed socks after slathering on the lotion so as to keep the moisture in and so I don't go slipping on bathroom times with slippery feet. 

This mini-routine is great for ladies and gents who want to take better care of their feet but aren't too keen on spending an hour doing so. It's great to do before bed, so you're ready to go the next day! The Scholl website has great information on foot care, so when you're ready to start your journey to great feet, go have a browse! 

The next post in the Winter Ready series will be aimed at body care so stay tuned! 

2 comments:

  1. Great tips! We're headed into spring/summer here in Canada so with sandal weather approaching it's just as important to take care of your feet. :)

    Erin | Erin and Katherine Talk Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh definitely! Nothing more unsightly than unprepped feet ;)
      I definitely recommend other Body Shop feet products, they're just amazing and the peppermint scent gives the best cooling feeling!

      Delete

I would love to hear what you have to say! I always read your comments and try to respond to them as soon as possible. If you have an urgent question or message, please contact me at tweezersandtongs@gmail.com.