22 Jan 2015

Singapore Beauty Haul



Hey everyone! I'm back home in Sydney unpacked and all settled back in. Now that I've had a chance to get all my products together, I decided to show you guys what makeup and skincare products I bought in Singapore.

Starting with the Tarte palette on the left, this is actually from their Bon Voyage Collector's Set which retailed for SGD$79. The set came with two lip product, a cheek stain, a mascara, a mini Maracuja oil bottle, and a setting powder (as well as this eyeshadow palette). I only really wanted the palette so mum and I halved and she got the rest of the products. I haven't had the chance to play around with it yet, but   there hasn't been a Tarte product that has let me down so here's hoping this one is a good 'un too!

I needed new body butter and I was finding that the Body Shop ones were just way too pricey (even though they are amazing), so I decided to try out something from Soap and Glory. I got the Butter Yourself Body Butter which has a light and pleasant fruity scent and contains AHAs, orange waterjuice, and shea butter. Again I haven't tried this out yet (as I'm trying to finish up what I have first) but I will let you know how it goes.

I've already spoken about my love for the Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Airbrush Foundation in my Easy-Peasy Holiday Face post. It's an amazing mineral foundation which does not look powdery and it just smoothes and evens out your complexion. LOVE!

The Makeup Revolution Palette in Romantic Smoked is actually not from Singapore, but it's a present from Kieran from his trip to the UK. I've swatched the shadows and I am impressed by the formulation and the pigmentation; it's very buttery and I am keen to create some looks with this great budget buy!

Next up is the Burberry Sheer Eyeshadow in Pale Barley. Again, I spoke about this in my Easy-Peasy Holiday Face post, and I am currently loving this eyeshadow. It's a product that is definitely climbing up fast into my favourite products list.

I got three lipsticks, two of which were from my grandma (who also got the same shades). The first one is MAC's Party Line which I consider to be quite a good Marsala shade. I find it to be an easy-to-wear red that is comfortable and non-drying. The second is from Urban Decay and it is their Revolution Lipstick in Rapture, which is a dusty rose that is a bit more purple than my natural lip colour. I don't have very pigmented lips so this comes across as a MLBB in a way, and I love how creamy and comfortable it is! The last one is the Marc Jacobs Lovemarc Lip Gel in Showstopper which is a classic red that leans on the brown side. It is very glossy and highly pigmented.

I also picked up the Kiehl's Microblur Skin Perfector which I have heard so much about (and my friend Chab from Makeup Game Strong highly recommended it). I was able to try out a sample before purchasing the full-sized product and I do like it, but I am not yet completely convinced. I'm still finishing up a Bioderma pore product so I will get back to this one soon. I'm sure it won't disappoint.

Benefit's Gimme Brow is a repurchase but instead of getting the light/medium shade, I tried out the medium/dark shade. I'm not sure how I feel about the darker hue, it certainly gives a very full brow but I think it could be a tad too dark for my hair colour (which is at the moment a light brown with a hint of purple).

I have heard so much about the Tarte Gifted Mascara from Essiebutton and a few other Youtubers so I thought I'd give it a go. I honestly LOVE IT. It's a very lightweight, mousse-y mascara that holds my curl without the hard, crunchy effect. Definitely my favourite mascara at the moment!

Finally, I got a mini Bioderma Sensibio as I'm almost running out of the one I have. This one came with samples of the Sensibio moisturiser and mask, which I am keen to try out as they are targeted for sensitive skin, something I definitely have.

One product that I forgot to photograph was a Nails Inc polish in Porchester Square which is raved about by Vivianna Does Makeup. It's such a wonderful grey/lilac/taupe that is a little bit more than a neutral. I think it's perfect for any season and will be one of my most used polishes this year.

As you can see, I did buy quite a lot on my trip but I think that this will do me for quite some time. I'm putting myself on a Beauty Ban and I not allowing myself to buy any more makeup items for a while. While I'm at it, I'm also not allowing myself to open any new skincare items until I've finished up some of what I have in my stash now. What a struggle….

Have you tried any of the products above? What are your thoughts on it? Let me know below! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say! I always read your comments and try to respond to them as soon as possible. If you have an urgent question or message, please contact me at tweezersandtongs@gmail.com.