6 Jan 2015

Shopping in Singapore




Welcome to 2015 everyone! I hope you've all had a fantastic holiday. I've just arrived in sunny Singapore after a week at the beach with my family burnt, tanned, and ready for more holiday adventures. For the next two weeks, I'm going to be posting all about my trip here and giving recommendations on the best places to eat at, shop, and visit. 

There are two things that I love about Singapore: shopping and food. The shopping in Singapore (particularly around the December/January holiday period) is amazing; the abundance of hard-to-resist sales is just phenomenal which is why I recommend you don't bring a lot of clothes or makeup if you do intend to shop. Last year I filled two and suitcases full of clothes and shoes (oops!). If you are a beauty and skincare lover, bring your essentials because I'm sure you'll find a few things to add to your collection, particularly if you're coming from a place with no Sephora. 

Yesterday, we hit jackpot at Esprit with a 40% off sale and a further 40% off if you purchase 3 or more items. I picked up a basic cotton tee in a blue ombre design and two long-sleeved striped knits in anticipation of the wintertime. I also found this adorable denim-blue scarf with 'meow' printed in cat-eared speech bubbles and a pouch that I thought would be perfect for those days where all you need is your phone, a lip balm, and some cash. I highly recommend Esprit as their clothes are high quality and the price (particularly when discounted) is very affordable. 

Next up was the highly anticipated trip to Sephora. The one at Great World City is rather small (compared to Ion Orchard or Marina Bay Sands) but it has all the great brands such as Urban Decay, Tarte, and Marc Jacobs. Here's a tip for you all: if you are planning a trip to a Sephora in another country, make a wish list of all the things that you desperately want/need before entering the black-and-white wonderland; it is SO easy to get distracted by all the other amazing products and despite having my wish list, I certainly did get sidetracked (I'm looking at you Marc Jacobs Lolita Palette…). 

I went on a bit of a Tarte spree and got their Gifted Amazonian Clay Smart Mascara, Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Airbrush Foundation, and the Airbuki brush. I also got the Urban Decay Ozone lipliner which is invisible and would be perfect for matching and bright and bold lippy I have. Stay tuned for reviews on these products!

I will be back to my regular blogging schedule of Tuesday and Thursday. See you all soon! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say! I always read your comments and try to respond to them as soon as possible. If you have an urgent question or message, please contact me at tweezersandtongs@gmail.com.