2 Dec 2014

Why Samples are Greater Than Great




As someone with sensitive skin, it's always a stab in the heart when you purchase a product that has quite a price tag and then later find out your skin does not enjoy it in the slightest. I have gone through this experience so many times, with the most painful being my Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua foundation. Only fairly recently have I discovered the benefits of asking for a sample at the brand counter or a Mecca store (even Sephora). Some places will decant a certain amount of product into a little pot for you while others offer little tubes or sachets (which actually last for quite some time!). Whatever form your samples come in, take advantage of this opportunity to test out pricey products without the commitment. Remember, what works for others will not necessarily work for you! 

I personally like to get samples of face masks and treatments as they are products that sit on the skin for an extended period of time and are quite concentrated in formula. As with any product, I do my research on what active ingredients the product contains, what skin type it's aimed for, and what the general consensus is on the product. Even if a product has had an overall great review online, I still like to try it out on my skin and see how I react to it personally. One raved about product that did not work well for me is the REN Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask; I felt that it didn't do much for me and it just left my skin red and slightly sore. 

Getting samples is a great way to build up your beauty wish list, but don't go sample crazy! Ask for one or two samples and not five. Shop assistants are always glad to give them out (as it will guarantee a customer return, especially if the customer falls in love with the product) but don't abuse the power. 

From the samples that I've gathered up, I know I'm going to be purchasing the Dr Brandt Pores No More Pore Refiner and the Eve Lom Rescue Mask once I've saved up a bit for them! 

So go ahead and start your sample journey today!

4 comments:

  1. This is a great post, I love collecting samples especially when I am eager to try out a new product. I almost always get a sample first for a skin care product before actually purchasing it.

    www.recalcitrantgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a great way to make sure that you're getting the most out of whatever you are looking for. Glad you enjoyed this post and thank you for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh I love sample-size versions of products~ ^ ^
    You can see if you like a product or not without having to pay full price! ^ - ^

    www.thedailydollyblog.com

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you have to say! I always read your comments and try to respond to them as soon as possible. If you have an urgent question or message, please contact me at tweezersandtongs@gmail.com.