23 Dec 2014

DIY Holiday Goody Jars





Happy holidays everyone! Christmas is a mere two days away and things are getting crazy at my house. Mum and I have been bustling about in the kitchen, dad is getting the house ready, and my brother… well he's up in his room! I wanted to share with you a holiday DIY that you can whip up easily (I did this in 6 hours) if you're in need of tokens to hand out to family and friends or even workmates. 

My family was invited to a Christmas catch-up lunch and we wanted to bring something to give to the other families attending, so mum asked me to whip up more of my Rocky Road Toffee Bark and some shortbread bites. The toffee bark recipe is the same as last time, and I used this recipe from Seeded at the Table for the shortbread bites and added little Christmas tree sprinkles. Both treats are easy to make and are great for letting creativity flow! You can flavour the shortbread any which way you like and you can add toppings of your choice for the toffee bark. 

We had some jars from when my mum had her baking business and I thought it would be perfect for using to hand out the goodies. I used a hot glue gun and some Christmas ribbon to add a festive touch to the plain jar. Again, this portion of the project involves creativity and the sky is the limit! 

Finally, I packed the treats in party bags and sealed them with tie wraps. I also included a pack of loose leaf tea from T2's Ten Tea pack (which is no longer available, but there are similar options) which makes about 4 cups of tea. 

I made similar jars for my girlfriends earlier this month and it's truly a wonderful token to give out this holiday season.

HAPPY (AND SAFE) HOLIDAYS! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say! I always read your comments and try to respond to them as soon as possible. If you have an urgent question or message, please contact me at tweezersandtongs@gmail.com.