14 Oct 2014

These Are a Few of My Favorite: LIPSTICKS




I thought I'd start a series of posts here on my blog where I share with all of you a few of my favourite products from different categories, and to start things off I thought I'd go with lip products!

If you all saw the post I did on my vanity table, you'll know that I'm not a huge lip product person. When I was younger I was obsessed with novelty lip balms and lip glosses (particularly ones from Lip Smacker). Unfortunately, I was also cursed with very sensitive lips; if the wrong product were to be used, my lips would swell and itch for a couple of weeks. Lately I've been sticking to using natural lip balms (thank you, Lanolips!!) and only now have I been dipping my toe in the big girl lip product pool.  

I've found that these are the four products I enjoy using the most (clockwise from top left): Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in Notting Hill Nude, NARS Sheer Lipstick in Roman Holiday, Revlon Lip Butter in Sugar Plum, and Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in Standout

I initially wanted the Rimmel Moisture Renew lipstick in the shade Nude Delight after seeing Lisa Eldridge use it on Alexa Chung, however we don't have that shade in Australia. I've heard that the formulation of these lipsticks was amazing so I settled for Notting Hill Nude. I admit, this shade doesn't look very flattering when it's piled on, but I like swiping it once or twice on my lips; it gives the impression of nice, clean lips. It's a great everyday shade!

The NARS lipstick was a present from my uncle for my birthday last year. We were going shopping in Singapore and I stopped at the NARS counter because I wanted to get a lipstick. I had heard about this shade from Fleur (of Fleur DeForce on Youtube). It's a very bubblegum pink shade, but because it's a sheer formulation, you can't really go overboard with this one. I must say, part of what drew me to this shade was the name Roman Holiday; I'm such a huge Audrey Hepburn fan and I couldn't say no…

I've been reaching for the Revlon Lip Butter in Sugar Plum a lot lately as an everyday shade. I guess I could say it's an MLBB lipstick for me, but it also lends a plummy shade to my lips. It's extremely moisturising and just easy to apply which is great for casual uni days. This lipstick basically stays in my uni bag because it's something I don't really need to think about. 

The Revlon matte balm is a relatively new one, and to be honest I haven't worn it out much but it's such a different, standout (geddit?) choice for me because I always shied away from bright, bold lips because I never thought I could carry them. For my Year 12 formal, I wore a red dress and thought to pair it with a red lip, but as soon as I saw it on me I asked the makeup artist at MAC to remove it and I went for a nude shade. However, when I put this red on I immediately felt confident and I had the urge to go out, put on some heels and do the Charlize Theron queen walk. Great stuff!

I'm slowly opening myself up to other lipstick possibilities, so if you have any recommendations let me know down below! 

1 comment:

I would love to hear what you have to say! I always read your comments and try to respond to them as soon as possible. If you have an urgent question or message, please contact me at tweezersandtongs@gmail.com.