23 Oct 2014

Mecca's Beauty Loop Box (October 2014)






There are two ways for Australians to access high end beauty and skincare products; one way is through David Jones/Myer and another is through Mecca Brands. I've been shopping at Mecca Cosmetica for about two years now and over those two years, I have accumulated enough points to reach Level 2 of Mecca's Beauty Loop. There are 3 levels, which are divided based on how much you've spent in a year. Being a Level 2 means that I've spent between $600-$1199 and I am entitled to various perks such as a birthday gift, 4 Beauty Loop boxes per year (from one year of reaching that level), and 2 complimentary makeup applications. 

I got an email earlier this afternoon informing me that I could go and pick up my box for this quarter and here it is! Inside were 4 sample products: the Ren Ultra Moisture Day Cream, a mini-mini Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer, a small tube of Mecca Cosmetica's To Soothe Body After Sun Hydrator and a little sachet of the BareMinerals Bare Skin Foundation (not photographed). 

I was very excited to see the Hourglass primer as it is such a luxe product, and honestly look at how adorable it is! Even though it was a sample-sized product, the primer is still housed in a luxurious frosted glass bottle and has a little spatula attached to the cap. I've included a photo comparing the sample to the smaller bottle of the primer. I haven't formed a complete opinion on this primer as I've been trying to use up my Smashbox Photo Finish Primer, but I will definitely do a post on my favourite base products soon. 

I've always wanted to sign up for those subscriptions where you get a sample box each month, but I'm not sure if it's worth it. I'll see how I go with the Mecca Beauty Loop boxes and decide from there. For my first box, I'm quite happy with the little samples that I got. Thanks, Mecca! 


4 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to try that Hourglass primer forever, but I keep telling myself that I need to use up some of the primer I have before I'm allowed to buy it, and somehow I seem to be following my own primer ban. It's a shame this doesn't work in other areas of makeup. I continue to want to buy all the lipsticks and all the blushes especially.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a 'base' person myself and I need to stop myself from buying all sorts of foundations/primers/concealers! The woes of being a beauty addict, huh? :P

      Delete
  2. This looks pretty good! I got the level 1 box this month as my first box. Just a few sachet samples :) I got a sample of the Hourglass primer and I'm so excited to try it out, I've heard amazing reviews! I'm sure I'll reach level 2 next time hehe. X

    Bec | Bec & Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're gonna love the Hourglass primer!
      (Knowing how much you need to spend to reach level 2 is a bit sickening, but somehow I got there haha!)

      Delete

I would love to hear what you have to say! I always read your comments and try to respond to them as soon as possible. If you have an urgent question or message, please contact me at tweezersandtongs@gmail.com.