17 Oct 2014

Care to Watch?



There are so many great shows on TV right now; some are back for their 5th or 6th season, some are returning for their second season, and some are brand spanking new. Let me take you through what I'm watching these days.

The CW's Vampire Diaries, The Originals, and Reign are my guilty pleasure shows. They're full of drama and romance and the supernatural. If you're into love triangles and plot twists, TVD and The Originals would be right up your alley. If you're more into period drama type shows, go for Reign. 

Sleepy Hollow is an interesting one. My mom got me into watching it and now we're hooked! It's got a bit of comedy, drama, fantasy, and it can be quite a thriller. Not going to lie, this show has freaked me out once or twice so if you're jumpy don't watch this at night!

Castle is probably the only detective/crime show that I've stuck with. I used to be a huge CSI fan but I started to find the story lines a bit boring. Castle keeps it interesting and fun, which is why I'm still watching 6 seasons later! 

Madam Secretary is a new one. If you like watching shows like West Wing then this will be for you. I personally never got into watching West Wing, but I found that this show kept me interested by focusing on a woman who was thrust into the role of Secretary of State and her struggles as a woman in power and as a mother. 

Scorpion is a drama based around a group of 'geniuses' and their adventures solving crimes no one else can solve. Based on the first episode, the show doesn't present itself as too appealing but if you stick with it and keep watching, you'll find that you enjoy it more and more. 

The Walking Dead is back for its 5th season (HOORAY!) and the first episode was absolutely amazing. Little backstory for you all, before my boyfriend (Kieran) and I got together, we bonded over this gory show and we would always watch the episodes together at the end of the week. We started watching as  Season 2 began and we have loved every single bit of it. What I love about this show is the fact that it's not only focused on the zombie outbreak, but also the trials and tribulations faced by the living; morals are questioned and loyalty is tested. Oh, also the special effects make-up is AMAZING. 

I'm very picky about my comedy shows. I mean, aside from Friends I never really would flick through the channels and pick a comedy show to watch (recently been into Futurama and The Simpsons too, thanks to Kieran). So, surprisingly 4 comedy shows made it into my list! Brooklyn Nine Nine was a show I didn't think I'd like, but it's the kind of comedy that's really idiotic and childish that you just have to laugh at it. Selfie is pretty cringe-y but at the same time, you find yourself chuckling at little things on the show. Manhattan Love Story is very cute and isn't all too cheesy. Finally Girl Meets World, which even though it is a children's show, if you grew up with Boy Meets World, then you'll love this. 

What have you been watching lately? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say! I always read your comments and try to respond to them as soon as possible. If you have an urgent question or message, please contact me at tweezersandtongs@gmail.com.