16 Sept 2014

Box O' Empties #1



Hello, everyone! I have returned from my week of horrid quizzes and presentations, and I have an 'empties' post for you all to enjoy. My mom is always commenting on the fact that I keep purchasing new products and never actually using them all up. Mom, I know you're reading this so here's proof that I do finish products up!

First up is the Body Shop Olive Body Butter. For years I struggled with having dry, itchy legs and always attributed it to sensitive/reactive skin. I tried body moisturisers from Aveeno, St. Ives, and Cetaphil but none of them compares to how amazing the Olive body butter is. The body butter is aimed towards dry skin and has a slight 'plant-y' scent, which I personally love. I found that it was extremely moisturising and I could feel that my skin was still well moisturised by bedtime, and most importantly it was not greasy at all. This was my first Body Shop body butter, and since then I've purchased the Vitamin E and Raspberry Harvest ones.

The empty container with the pink lid used to be the Soap and Glory Breakfast Scrub. I got this while I was on holiday in Singapore earlier this year and it is probably the best body scrub I have ever used. The scent is heavenly (smells like real maple syrup) and the texture is perfect; when you apply it to wet skin it doesn't just slip off as you use it, but rather stays on for spectacular scrubbing power. It's a sugar based scrub, which I found to be perfect for sloughing off dead skin and rough patches before shaving my legs. Definitely need to repurchase this!

I'm not going to harp on about the Nivea Stress Protect Roll On Anti-Perspirant Deodorant, but I will say that it's a good deodorant to use. I find that it doesn't leave marks on clothes and it does its job well. Some may find it a bit drying, I sometimes do, but overall it's comfortable to wear. I've already repurchased this one.

The Sanctuary Spa Exfoliating Pore Refiner sits on my shower caddy and is used almost everyday when I shower in the mornings. I find that this helps to regulate oil production and the mild exfoliating properties keeps my skin feeling refreshed and prepped. I have since gone out to get another tube.

My mom gave me her Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye Serum as she found that it stung her eye area when she used it in conjunction with something she used for pigmentation issues, and I was more than happy to take it off her hands! After using it for about two weeks underneath my normal eye cream, I found that my eye area looked refreshed and slightly brighter. I would repurchase, but honestly it's a bit too expensive for me…

The Antipodes Avocado Pear Nourishing Night Cream mini tube came in the Anti-Ageing limited edition minis set that they sell (sold?) at Priceline Pharmacies. I gave the mini bottle of the Joyous serum to my mom. This tube lasted for a surprising 2-3 months as you don't need much at all. Looking past the horrid smell (seriously, it smells so funky), it's a rich, slightly greasy night cream which worked well in the winter months. It kept my face moisturised overnight and I woke up looking a bit more refreshed. I won't be repurchasing this product.

Finally, the Philosophy Purity Made Simple Cleanser. This 'one-step facial cleanser' is gentle, non-stripping, and extremely efficient at removing any traces of makeup/cleansing oil or balm/makeup remover. I use this after my Boscia Make-Up Break Up Cool Cleansing Oil and I find that the combo effectively removes my makeup. I have very sensitive skin on my face, and this is a perfect marriage of all my cleanser needs (gentle, effective, non-drying…). You don't need much of this product, which is why this little bottle lasted me 4-5 months. I have repurchased another small bottle and it is now my go-to cleanser!

So, there you have it! I honestly cannot recommend the Soap and Glory scrub and the Philosophy cleanser enough; they are such standout products for me. Do you have any standout products that you have repurchased time and time again? Let me know!

1 comment:

  1. I really love your blog, maybe we can follow each other via Bloglovin and instagram? let me know on my blog and I’ll follow you back asap. New Post… Visit Curly Glow

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you have to say! I always read your comments and try to respond to them as soon as possible. If you have an urgent question or message, please contact me at tweezersandtongs@gmail.com.