31 Jul 2014

Skincare Haul!




Priceline Pharmacy had a 2 day only 40% off ALL skincare sale on the 29th and 30th of July. Earlier this year they held a similar sale for makeup product, but by the time I got to my nearest Priceline store, all the good stuff had gone. I was determined to get a few good products in the skincare sale and lo and behold, I did!

Bioré Ultra Deep Cleansing Pore Strips
From: $6.99
To: $4.19

I've been using these pore strips for as long as I can remember, but I haven't had any in my stash for a while now. As someone with a pore complex, I find these are really good to use once every 2-3 weeks, just to clean all that gunk out (groooooooss) and remove any blackheads that may have popped up.

La Roche-Posay Uvidea XL Cream Fluid Extreme SPF 30+
From: $30.99
To: $18.59

This has got to be the best suncream formula I've ever encountered. Recently, I've become more aware of the fact that I need to use suncream underneath my makeup and not just rely on what's in the makeup itself. You would think that someone living in Australia would understand the importance of suncream use! I'm going to be honest, I hate the feeling of face suncreams: sticky, tacky, suffocating… However this stuff is magic. Well, not magic. Instead of it being a cream formula (like the Kiehl's one), this one is a liquid, which means it's easy to apply and it's very thin. I will report back once I've gotten myself more acquainted with this product.

Sanctuary Spa Exfoliating Pore Refiner
From: $19.99
To: $11.99

This one is actually a repurchase. I've been using this as a second cleanse in the mornings when I shower (after the Aveeno Positively Radiant Cleanser). This is a very gentle exfoliating product which contains witch hazel, salicylic acid, and seaweed. I find that I need to exfoliate everyday (or once every two days), otherwise my skin goes scaly and angry. This is perfect as it's quite gentle and helps keep blemishes at bay. It has a very pleasant citrusy scent which just wakes me up in the morning

Sanctuary Spa Radiance Exfoliator
From: $19.99
To: $11.99

I have had my eye on this product for a while now. I noticed that my skin is a little blotchy and uneven, and this product boasted abilities to reveal a "brighter and fresher complexion". My first impression is that it is a lot 'scrubbier' than the Exfoliating Pore Refiner as the exfoliating granules are larger. I'm hoping that this isn't going to be like the St. Ives scrubs which I have vowed to stay clear from. The scent is very mild and pleasant.

Sukin Hand and Nail Cream
From: $9.99
To: $5.99

Sukin is a natural skincare brand, and I've been enjoying their products for a while now. I'm running out of my current hand cream and decided to try this one out as it claims to have a "non-greasy, light, [and] moisture rich" formula. It has soy protein, aloe vera, and vitamin E to help soothe and soften hands. I find it to be very moisturising and non-greasy, and the smell is absolutely heavenly! To me, it smells like a mixture of vanilla and lavender, but I can't be too sure.

Bioderma Crealine H2O Cleanser & Make Up Remover
From: $19.99
To: $11.99

We have all heard about the magic powers of Bioderma micellar waters. Every beauty blogger and skin care aficionado raves about its cleansing abilities. The thing is, it is very expensive here in Australia and even though I've wanted to try it, I couldn't bring myself to spend $20 on the tiny bottle. I took advantage of the 40% off sale to see what the hype is all about. That night I played around with kohl eyeliners and attempted to tightline my eyes, so naturally makeup removal would be messy. The Bioderma micellar water removed all traces of the kohl liner and did not sting my very sensitive eyes. I now keep the little bottle in my vanity for any eye makeup mishaps.


That is it for the haul!
What are some of your favourite drugstore skincare items?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say! I always read your comments and try to respond to them as soon as possible. If you have an urgent question or message, please contact me at tweezersandtongs@gmail.com.